A recent research conducted by The Wall Street Journal stated that ‘Crossover SUVs’ is the only car segment that has shown exponential growth over the years. The reason is pretty straightforward – consumers want more versatile, multi-function vehicles to make their lives simpler.
Now, why shouldn’t people think the same when it comes to laptops?
Over the course of history, the most common and best-selling laptops have always been the traditional ones, which have a screen on the top and a keyboard on the bottom, with no option of any flexibility in between. However, in recent years, 2-in-1s have been making a steady ingress into the global laptop market. With over four generations of ‘Microsoft Surface’ hybrids and more than a dozen ‘Lenovo Yoga’ hybrids, consumers are slowly waking up to the benefits of a 2-in-1 laptop as compared to a traditional one.
So, here are some reasons why your next laptop should be a 2-in-1:
- Flexibility – The obvious flexibility that a 2-in-1 allows just cannot be emphasized enough. Whether it is flipping the display for an office presentation, or going form laptop to tablet mode for some movie screening, 2-in-1s can really make life easier in some situations. A detachable keyboard just makes everything better.
- Portability – It may be true that 2-in-1s can rarely be compared to tablets (with the exception of some models like the ‘Lenovo Yoga Book’) in terms of weight and portability, but they are certainly better than traditional laptops when it comes to these two parameters. If weight and portability are a concern with you, then your best bet is to buy a 2-in-1 laptop.
- Touch – No one can deny the fact that humankind is moving towards a touchscreen world now. The most common device that people are comfortable with is their smartphones, which come equipped with a touchscreen. In such a scenario, a laptop without the touch feature becomes regressive, and using one can be like going back in time. The ability to touch and interact with your device is like a god-send.
- Savings – There is a clear monetary gain when you buy a 2-in-1 instead of buying a traditional laptop and a tablet separately, especially now that their rates have fallen. Earlier 2-in-1s were expensively priced because the technology was new and the price reflected the pioneering attitude of the companies that got into this segment. Nowadays, 2-in-1s are available for a much cheaper price, and there are many options like opting for a detachable keyboard, or a 360 degree bend-back hinge.
- Windows 10 – Microsoft has specifically designed Windows 10 keeping hybrids 2-in-1s in mind. Windows 10 makes switching between the laptop and tablet modes super simple. Then there are the ‘Universal Apps’ that work like a dream in either of the modes. Ultimately, if you really want to explore and exercise the features of Windows 10, you need to have a 2-in-1.
Ultimately, a 2-in-1 device enables you to work on-the-go, take your productivity to the next level and make a smart investment. You’ll be endlessly surprised at what its processing power and slim design can help you accomplish.